Born in Bombay, India, Milburn Cherian graduated in visual communication from the National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad.
Selected Solo Exhibitions
- 2017 - Old World New Palette, Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai
- 2017 - Old World New Palette, Cymroza Art Gallery, Mumbai
- 2012 - The Story Weavers, Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai
- 2012 - The Story Weavers, Cymroza Art Gallery, Mumbai
- 2008 - Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai
- 2008 - 'MEMENTO MORI', Art Musings, Mumbai
- 2005 - 'LIVING BETWEEN THE TIMES' , Mayfair, London, UK
- 2004 - Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai
- 2002 - The Fine Art Gallery, Mumbai
- 2001 - Jewel of India, Mumbai
- 2001 - Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai
- 1998 - Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai
- 1995 - Pradarshak Art Gallery, Mumbai
Since 1995 Milburn Cherian has participated in a number of group exhibitions all over India as well as group exhibitions in New York, USA, Japan, UAE and Russia.She has donated a number of her paintings to raise funds for charitable institutions like the Prime Minister's Relief Fund, Parkinson's Disease Foundation, Cancer Patients Society, Khushii, SOS villages in India, and Save the Children Foundation at auctions conducted by Christies, Sotheby's & Bowring's. She has participated in numerous international art camps in Singapore, Australia, Mexico, New Zealand and India. As recent as December 2004, she was invited by the Diocese of Goa to participate in a group exhibition 'Bridging The Gaps Through The Gospel', to coincide with the exposition of the sacred relics of St. Francis Xavier.
2013 - L'OREAL Femina Women Artist Of the Year 2013.
1999 - E. Schlesinger prize for the most promising Indian artist.